Hope Global has been working in Rwanda since 2006. We have some of our strongest relationships in Rwanda, having worked at multiple levels including with the government as well as local schools and projects to improve the quality of education and help break the cycle of poverty.
We also have physical projects in Rwanda that Hope Global has partnered with to bring about long-term development and sustainable poverty reduction initiatives in, these projects include:
- Fruits of Hope School started as a pre-school class of 24 children, this school is now a fully accredited pre-school and primary school with over 330 students enrolled. Hope Global assists with infrastructure, teacher training, health, vocational training and child education sponsorship. The Fruits of Hope model is also been extended to rural parts of Rwanda across three schools.
- The Hope Global Training Centre is a new initiative in Rwanda. This exciting project will see Hope Global establish a 24/7 presence in Kigali, Rwanda as we seek to extend our commitment to serving this nation. The Training Centre will be a hub for meeting the practical, spiritual and educational needs of individuals, communities and organisations.
- The Ruhinga Christian Academy (RCA) Education & Community Development Project is an extension of our partnership with Nicholas and Elsie at Link Ministries in Rwanda, whom we partnered with for the Village of Hope. Hope Global partners with Link Ministries as they establish a school in a small community in the East of Rwanda, an area that is still experiencing severe poverty. The school is a champion for the holistic transformation of communities in its vicinity by taking an active role in the life of these communities through its educational and social entrepreneurial programs. Further information about the first steps for this project coming soon.
Days for Girls
Hope Global have a strong and ongoing relationship with Days for Girls in Rwanda. We have had the privilege of helping to establish a Days for Girls enterprise which represents a diverse group of local leaders who are trained to produce and sell Days for Girls Kits and provide women’s health education. Through these efforts, the women are able to contribute to four major outcomes:
- Greater access to affordable and environmentally friendly period products
- Decreased shame around puberty and menstruation
- Improved access to income generating activities and skills
- Increased champions advocating for menstrual health
Rwanda Volunteer Team Trip
Our volunteer team will take part in a number of activities including, but not limited to:
- Hosting professional development training for teachers and head teachers at Fruits of Hope School and RCA and teachers and leaders from other school and institutions in Rwanda.
- Running vision screening, health workshops for adults and children in remote communities.
- Working alongside marginalised women to up-skill them in income-generating skills and more.
- Maintaining infrastructure of Hope Global projects and any other building/maintenance work our partners need.
The Hope Global Education Project (J794) works in partnership with Global Development Group (GDG) in Rwanda, Cambodia and India. We partner with government, churches and NGO education providers in post-conflict developing countries to provide professional development for existing teachers, education leaders and teacher-trainers.
Approximate Cost: AUD$4,500 (plus fundraising)
(Please note: the above costs are indicative and may be subject to change. The costing above is based on flights, ex Sydney AUS, and includes accommodation and on ground costs. Additional funds may be required for shopping/eating out etc. Cost of flights will vary depending on departure location and availability of tickets/fares at time of booking).
Team numbers are strictly limited each year. We would encourage you to complete an Application Form as soon as possible.